1 Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The University of Turku is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Web Accessibility Directive of the European Parliament and Council. In Finland, the Web Accessibility Directive is implemented by the act on offering digital services.
This accessibility statement applies to the ReGrow.fi website.
1.1 State of the accessibility of the website
The service is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version (WCAG) 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
1.2 Non-accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
1.2.1 Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some color combinations have been used on the pages that are not of sufficient contrast. (WCAG 1.4.3) We aim to correct color combinations for better contrast.
- The website has a few images without tag text. (WCAG 1.1.1) We try to add tag text to images so that they can be read with a screen reader.
- The site has a few headings with no content at all. (WCAG 1.3.1, WCAG 2.4.1, WCAG 2.4.6) We are working to remove unnecessary partitions.
- There are some sections on the site where certain heading levels are omitted or missing. (WCAG 1.3.1., WCAG 2.4.6) We are working to rationalize the heading levels.
1.2.2 Disproportionate burden
- The website has an embedded Youtube video for which no script or subtitles are available. (WCAG 1.2.1, WCAG 1.2.2, WCAG 1.2.3)
- The website has some inaccurate links and some sections where adjacent links lead to the same address. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- The site has some links that can be confusing when taken out of context. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- The table layout is used in some sections of the site. (WCAG 1.3.1, WCAG 1.3.2)
- The form on the site does not have a tag but has a title. (WCAG 3.3.2)
As circumstances change, it may become possible to correct these accessibility problems.
1.2.3 Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- The site has some pdf documents that do not meet accessibility requirements – for example, they are not formatted to be accessible by a screen reader. (WCAG 4.1.2)
2 How we tested this website
The statement was prepared on 19.3.2022. The accessibility of this service has been evaluated by Turku Centre for Labor Studies.
The statement was last reviewed on 21.3.2022.
We’ve tested the accessibility of the site using the WAVE Accessibility Tool and then reviewed the guidelines in the WCAG 2.1 Accessibility Criteria.
3 Feedback and contact information
If you notice accessibility problems on the service, first give us feedback by contacting project coordinator Marja Rautajoki at firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take up to 14 days to reply.
If you are not satisfied with the response received or do not receive a response at all within two weeks, you may notify the Regional State Administrative Agency of Southern Finland The agency website has detailed instructions (in Finnish and Swedish only) on how to make a complaint and how it will be handled.
3.1 Contact details of the Authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Supervision of Web Accessibility
tel. 0295 016 000 (switchboard)